portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

John n Paul
Since the rise of The Beatles, John has gained the image of the vicious, outspoken Beatle. How did he like it? “It’s been very useful,” he replied. “A lot of slimy reporter types seem to have got to fear me, it’s fantastic. I didn’t work for the title of the vicious Beatle, the biting Beatle, the one with the rapier wit. It’s a load of crap. It’s handy being tagged like this. When I meet intelligent and hip people, I have to be on my toes not to disillusion them. The people who have fallen for my image and publicity go to Paul, which I think’s funnier still.
“Paul can be very cynical and much more biting than me when he’s driven to it. ’Course, he’s got more patience. But he can carve people up in no time at all, when he’s pushed. He hits the nail right on the head and doesn’t beat around the bush, does Paul.”
JOHN LENNON, INTERVIEW W/ RAY COLEMAN FOR MELODY MAKER. (APRIL 10TH, 1965)

John n Paul goofing . . . . 

 Paul 7 Cavendish Avenue London 1967

No comments: