portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gregg Allman 

Now I guess it would be hypocritical of me to say anything today other than I was not a fan of the Allman Brothers but the death of Gregg one of the founders and brother to guitarist superstar Duane is clearly a great loss to music. I celebrate the life of someone who struggled with substance abuse namely heroin addiction and alcohol misuse all his life having undergone a liver transplant and struggled with Hep and he was someone who sang and wrote and played keyboards on so many of the Allman Bros hits. I never was very struck by any of the musicians from the Southern rock schtick but that they were amongst the best, if not the best, at it is indisputable. Rest easy now . . . . . . 
Dead at 69 - R.I.P. Gregg Allman

No comments: