portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, June 24, 2017



Well I haven't posted anything from 24hour deja vu for a while but this morning they posted a classic which maybe could do with a push. Cream recordings and bootlegs or ROIO's are notoriously poor quality and the music of the late and mid sixties which is when I started collecting vinyl bootlegs are largely unplayable so I nearly didn't bother with this but boy was I wrong. If you are a Cream fan an Eric Clapton fan a Jack Bruce or Ginger Baker fan please check this out it is literally fantastic. Great quality and appears to be a soundboard. 

I dedicate this to my old school friend Jonny Marter the drummer who introduced me to the art of the drum, is amongst all those who could copy Ginger Baker's patterns by instinct while still at school and went on to play with a wide variety of bands from Mr Big to the stuff he is doing now. A truly lovely guy and one of nature's gentlemen though we have lost touch rather, I have only happy memories of our friendship. Google him he is a master of the percussive art and no mistake!
This one's for you Johnny!






Cream @ 24 Hour DejaVu here . . .

No comments: