portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, August 12, 2018

because  . . . . . . . well largely because I have been in touch with John French on his Facebook page and a few of the guys were talking about his roll post Beefheart in Mallard both albums of which I bought when they came out. I consider John one of the best drummers in the world and any band that featured him and Art Tripp III was my idea of heaven. He is also a generous and wonderful man. I last saw him play in Oxford with the Magic Band which stands as one of the best night's gigs I ever witnessed.

Here: MALLARD

Music - Bill Harkleroad, Lyrics David Wagstaff



Music - Mark Boston/Bill Harkleroad


Music Bill Harkleroad/Mark Boston Lyrics: Ted Alvy


Music: Bill Harkleroad Lyrics - John French


Music: Bill Harkleroad Lyrics - John French, Bill Harkleroad


Music/ Lyrics John French Are. Bill Harkleroad


Written allegedly by Captain Beefheart this is a tour de force by Bill Harkleroad,  a master guitarist


Music Bill Harkleroad

I love these last two and they show Bill at his creative best IMHO and a true master of his art

MALLARD live (rare as hen's teeth)




No comments: