portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, April 01, 2019

FOX


Woken in the night around midnight by a curious noise, sounded like coughing, maybe a child coughing! Then suddenly I realised as the tone changed to more of a hoarse bark, this was a fox! and close by too. I got up to look out of my bedroom curtains to see a young fox stood fair and square on my front lawn barking across the road. He spent about twenty minutes gambolling around, sniffing over at a neighbours fence. Stared me down as he crossed back over the road as he spotted me leaning out my window to try to get a clear shot with my iPhone camera. Skittishly alarmed by traffic he took a dive into the shrubs on my lawn and emerged out onto the pavement and then ran along to the other neighbours which is where I managed to get the only half way decent shot of him with my iPhone!

Midnight visitor!




No comments: