portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, June 22, 2019

BOBBY IN SPAIN 2019

His Bobness SINGING!



Big O post this extraordinary document and most recent concerts on the so called Never Ending Tour (which Bob apparently hates) where I was struck suddenly by the style of Bob's singing and the strength of his voice and I yes I DO mean it! I had been looking for this since hearing ‘Dignity’ as a lone track and not entirely believing what I heard. Dylan singing again? Really?  Before he took a break from touring and ending with the Spanish concerts and it had me wondering about the mercurial twists and turns in Dylan’s output lately. We had been lulled maybe into a sense of knowing what he would do in recent years with the possible exception of turning to the American Songbook in 2015 with Shadows In The Night but this is an extraordinary return to a stylistically very different style of singing (yes really!) and if you don’t believe me play that aforementioned track or ‘Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right’ and see if you don’t agree! I think you will!



No comments: