portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, August 31, 2019

MILEY CYRUS

While we're about it there has been much debate (sic!) over at Big O one of the ROIOs sources I visit regularly and the trolls there have been generating some of the most disgusting racist sexist nonsense it has been my displeasure to read on the internet (I kid you not) but one of the people they continue to delight in slagging off is Miley Cyrus and I won't be the first to say I am not so sure about this young lady and her own work. 

I watched her appearance at Glastonbury (featuring an appearance by her dad) and somewhat enjoyed the experience and thought her genuine and with a powerful vocal range, if I didn't care so much for the songs. Well my daughter played this to me the other day and pointed out that Miley is of course Dolly Parton's Goddaughter, thanks to her relationship with Billy Ray Cyrus, so I would urge you to check this out. If you think Miley can't sing and uses autotune and all that techno nonsense, I doubt it and this is as about as naturally strong a voice as it is possible to get. Girl can SING!



Miley Cyrus singing 'Jolene' dated 2012

Featuring: Jamie Arentzen(Guitar), Jaco Curaco(Guitar), Paul Hager (Sound Engineer), Filmed and edited by: Kevin & Rebecca Joelson



Enjoy! I did!

No comments: