portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

BAT FOR LASHES

[Natasha Khan]

Voodoo Wagon share a treat this morning . . . . . . I have always enjoyed and been intrigued by Bat For Lashes not least from when I first heard the name. Musically I try to keep up and her set at Glastonbury which Voodoo Wagon post here too, was mesmerising . . . . . not every modern singer songwriter artist quotes Susan Hiller amongst her influences. Now Susan showed at the gallery where I worked from the late seventies until the early nineties and she is a powerful figure in feminist art archaeology and a creative force always of interest and set to challenge the common view as to what art is or may be. I can see the connection . . . . . . 








Some ten years later . . . . . . . 


No comments: