portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, July 13, 2020

KATE RUSBY & family!

MANIC MONDAY
by Prince





Kate said at the time:
Here is our brand new track ‘MANIC MONDAY’ πŸ₯‚πŸŽŠπŸ˜
We are recording a covers album, called ‘HAND ME DOWN’. Due to lock down we decided to release the tracks digitally as we go along. (Cd and vinyl to follow later in the year) Songs I love, songs to cheer, to reminisce, to sing along, but mainly to create smiles. πŸ˜Š☀️❤️

Available ⭐️NOW⭐️ on all digital platforms, go see if you can find it. πŸ‘€πŸ˜ƒπŸŒˆ

Ps Our girls have been coming to studio too of course, as they have to, so they sing on this too, they are my Bangles, I’m one proud mum. ❤️ Hope you like itπŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸŒˆ❤️πŸ˜†


Then Susanna Hoffs tweeted about it and Kate went all star struck! ( ha ha ha so funny)


OH MY ACTUAL GOODNESS ME!!! Susanna Hoffs, lead singer of The Bangles, has messaged to say she likes our version of The Bangles’ Manic Monday πŸŽŠπŸ₯‚πŸŽŠ❤️ it’s made my day, month, year, and made me very emotional, there are tears!!
What a lovely, generous lady!! I am jumping, around in a pretty uncool fashion!!🀫
If only I could pop back in time and tell my 13 year old self πŸ˜Š☀️
Well thank you fabulous Susanna Hoffs for your kind wordsπŸ™ πŸŒˆ
 — feeling hyper.




I love that she got so overwhelmed and excited that Susanna Hoffs would message her and she turns into a little girl fan! She is such a GIRL! We love her, we love them, Damien too!

then the BBC began playing it on the play lists and she and the girls wanted to announce the fact and I play this if I ever need cheering up . . . . being in lock down and not allowed to hug my granddaughter or new grandson I play it quite a bit . . . . . . . . . .so lovely and so, so funny!




No comments: