portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, August 10, 2020

MONDAY COFFEE BREAK

with EMILY BARKER





As per Emily shares her coffee and an album of recent purchase. Can't go wrong with some Crazy Horse (before Neil Young) and it of course includes an all time favourite song the classic heart rending 'I Don't Wanna To Talk About It' by Danny Whitten of Crazy Horse the last album to feature him before his fatal drug overdose in 1972. And it also features Ry Cooder on slide

Emily says on Facebook:
Hello everyone! 
This Monday morning’s Music + Coffee combo. 
I bought this classic record at the innovative, interminably cool, Southsea's Pie and Vinyl shop in Southsea, Hampshire. They do what it says on the can: sell both pies and vinyl, and what a winning combination it is. Since its incarnation, I've had the pleasure of playing in-stores and eating pies there. They even cater for my fussy dietary requirements of being gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan (when possible). I grabbed this copy of the self-titled Crazy Horse album quite some years ago having had the song 'I Don't Want To Talk About It' on a mixtape a friend made me. It was so great to find this gem on record.
https://www.pandvrecords.co.uk/
I went for coffee at The Scandinavian Coffee Pod in Cheltenham just last week and discovered a new roaster - Ritual Coffee is a local Gloucestershire coffee roasters who source ethical beans (of course / essential) from various farmers. My preferred beans generally come from Yirgacheffee, Ethiopia so from the selection of whole beans available, it was a no-brainer for me to choose this one. Flavour notes are strawberry, milkshake, hints of floral. It's really good.
https://ritualcoffee.org/
Join me in my kitchen here: https://youtu.be/C4pVvQCaEMc
Enjoy your day!
Emily x
Emily Barker



No comments: