portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, December 03, 2021

Mike Bloomfield and his guitars

 

Mike Bloomfield: "In my own head, I’m a bluesman, because that’s what I play the best and that’s what I dig the most and can play the most authoritatively. I think finally, at last, I’ve reached an understanding about and with my guitar. I just know all about it now. I finally know all about it. As a music form and as a social scene, man I just know it, it’s in my heart. But yeah, I am a rock and roll star."


His old pal and frequent collaborator, Nick Gravenites:

“He wanted people to sit there and love the music and get involved in it and not get all hero worshipped. He didn’t like that part of the music scene. Thought it was ridiculous. Never catered to it at all. God, he turned down Dylan! Turned down Dylan! I mean, this is the kind of guy he was,”


March 1976 in San Francisco, CA. ( Photo by Jon Sievert)

No comments: