portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, October 03, 2024

Maurizio Curadi plays BEEFHEART | KANDY KORN / + One Red Rose That I Mean, Peon, Flavor Bud Living*, ‘Ballerino'

Now as I say on the Facebook page of John’s (The Drumbo Club) I am not given to enjoying covers of Beefheart music unless it is done by previous members of The Magic Band [and all who played with Van Vliet] but this is the exception. I figure this is also true of John French’s attitude too otherwise he wouldn’t have posted it but boy this is a treat for Beefheart fans. Beautiful played, performed and covered by Maurizio here 

Enjoy! I certainly did


 Dedicated to John ‘Drumbo’ French


Kandy Korn - Maurizio Curadi plays Captain Beefheart

Music by Don Van Vliet. Played on 12 strings by Maurizio Curadi.




One Red Rose That I Mean - Peon - Flavor Bud Living : Maurizio Curadi plays Captain Beefheart

A field recording. Recorded in a sunflower field one summer morning in August. Played by Maurizio Curadi. YouTube channel:    / @mauriziocuradi   Tracklisting: 1) One Red Rose that I Mean 2) Peon 3) Flavor Bud Living 4) A Carrot is As Close As a Rabbit Gets to a Diamond (aka Ballerino). Music by Don Van Vliet. Dedicated to John French

* Flavor = FLAVOUR

check out Maurizio’s YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/@DreamMarketRadio



No comments: