portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

advert break!

Now if you have been paying attention (WHO? ED) you will know I really enjoy NPR radio station and their Tiny Desk Concerts in particular.......they totally turned me on to Jacob Dylan, Neko Case and they have featured some of my favourite singers, songwriters and artists. The latest email featuring Steve Earle..........fantastic! BUT they have a download ability now....(wasn't it always there? ED) so I downloaded Richard Thompson, Adele (astonishing and such great fun...."I forgot to take my gloves off! Cackle!) and others....I am not going to post them here but rather encourage you to hop across and check them out
National Public Radio
update today! and I have been looking for a good quality boot of my hero Arthur Lee and Love for years...missed seeing him in Oxford where he was too ill to appear and got my money back.........which do you think I'd rather have done?
'Forever Changes' is in the top tem albums of all time for this listener.................


Check this form todays NPR update
 (26th April) Song of The Day
Arthur Lee- Freed from The Vaults



If you need further incentive here's the links

Steve Earle - Tiny Desk Concert

Adele - Tiny Desk Concert



Richard Thompson - Tiny Desk Concert


My First Tiny Desk Concert inspiration................




 Oh, Yes ......and Jimmy Cliff


Enjoy! Heck, SUBSCRIBE!

No comments: