portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just a head's up tonight....( I am back in my sick bed unsure as to what the heck is going on but feeling drained and weak.....huh?!) towards a little item from NPR (my favourite online radio station) . Now I grew up alongside Pentangle and the folk electro revival or whatever you want to call it.....the music of Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny and Pentangle, enthralled by these master musicians the voice of Jacqui McShee and Bert Jansch's guitar playing especially spoke to me but also the work of John Renbourn fascinated especially their work together with Pentangle with the legendary Danny Thompson on bass. Richard Thompson was a wonderment of course but somehow more since he went solo. NPR have a stream of a recent piece by John that is wonderful. It says it all at the site but here's a direct link....


John Renbourn - Renaissance Music
John Renbourn - Palermo Snow

More music and stuff soon when I get back on my feet......................say a little prayer

No comments: