portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 08, 2011

Couple of new ones this morning and they couldn't be more different..........the phenomena that is the voice of Adele with three (count 'em) singles currently in the top 40 didn't dissuade me that she is anything other than a fine fine voice.

We seem to have a strong tradition of coming up with uniquely strong voiced women.....I'm thinking Annie Lennox, Eddie Reader, Amy Winehouse, and their is an obvious link to Alison Moyet but also thinking about Linda Thompson, Christine Collister and somehow more pertinent Jools' beloved Ruby Turner. A great tradition to be added to I reckon. Seemingly universally enjoyed, I make no apology for sharing this concert from Paris a couple of nights ago...............I have also found a wonderful concert from the wonderful Hal's Progressive Rock Blog of the Magic Band playing the Liquid Rooms Edinburgh in 2004...........good quality and fine fine band as I have said previously the night in Oxford's 'Zodiac' was one of the best gigs I have been to in years

Over on the music page and the Beefheart page respectively..................

The Magic Band

Enjoy!

No comments: