portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Heron on the way home . . . . . . 


Walking home from the doctor's yesterday lunchtime and nearly jumped out of my skin at a heron stood regally by the footpath through the little estate where I live! I know it has been dank and drear since before Christmas but Heavens to Betsy it is damp and so damp a shy waterbird landed in suburbia!
Sorry, terrible shot but I nearly fell over . . . . .this is as rare an occurrence as horse feathers, hen's teeth and rocking horse poo combined!




P.S. and before you ask YES it IS a real one - he almost looks like a toy or fake one in that classic posture but shortly after realising my presence he flew off before I could compose a better shot. 
[who ARE you talking to? ED]

No comments: