portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, January 05, 2018

Hopefully more eclectic than knowingly perverse, here's another sound I liked a lot and Penguin Cafe Orchestra were quite a bit on my playlist way back when and in the days of Walkman's I listened to them a lot on the way to work until the late nineties I guess. They somehow remind me of Michael Nyman and his 'Draughtsman's Contract' era of writing and as I have mentioned before that my tutor at Leicester Poly Art Dept was composer Gavin Bryars and, alongside Brian Eno, we had Michael as a visiting lecturer and all to a painting school (sic!) and all of them influenced my thinking, creativity and listening . . . . . . without them I would have probably stuck here . . . . . . .is that a bad thing . . . . . . . . I don't know


Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Perpetuum Mobile
6,455 plays

No comments: