portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, February 16, 2018

I am almost incandescent with rage best explained by my hero Chris Packham here . . . .





I am currently almost speechless but urge any readers dropping by to consider signing the following petitions
from Chris Twitter feed:

. For a ban of driven grouse shooting https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/201443 … 

or for licensing https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207482… @RaptorPersScot

Many of my friends and family know full well my passion and hobby of birding (not twitching) for the love of our birdlife and the spotting of a Golden Eagle (I will not say where now) on a walking holiday from college with Harry Hinchcliffe and fellow Witney Tech students way back when remains one of the highlights of my LIFE! Yes of my LIFE! Such a magnificent bird at relatively close quarters in the wild is an experience that no-one would ever forget IMHO but that grouse moors 'staff' for the shooting and decimation of fellow birds (for sport not for eating even) is a blood sport that is taking to the absolute limit when it comes to killing raptors for the sake of game birds.

check out Chris website for updates and the more expert opinion and viewpoint

www.chrispackham.co.uk

No comments: