portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, February 26, 2018

I had reason to pause to post some 'Highwaymen' and especially some Waylon Jennings who my brother loved and he introduced me to,  the Highwaymen consisted of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson. 

A Waylon song will always make me think of him and especially in the thirtieth year since his passing . . . . . . . . . .miss my brother every day





  • Luckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics Of Love)
  • Waylon Jennings















then Goodhearted Woman

  • Good Hearted Woman feat. Willie Nelson
  • Waylon Jennings
  • Greatest Hits
















my favourite song by the Highwaymen of course is Cash's 'Big River' which taught me that Country n Western music could be poetry . . . . . . 




TURN IT UP!





and a personal favourite written by Steve Goodman who I discovered through fellow Country star and one of Bob Dylan's favourites songwriters, John Prime . . . . .here's the Highwaymen doing 'City of New Orleans' 

GOOD MORNING AMERICA, How are ya?!



here s some nice stuff over at the BB Chronicles

if you fancy some more Steve Goodman 

BB Chronicles blogspot - Steve Goodman




Also it's Johnny's birthday!


Born on this day: February 26, 1932 - Country music icon Johnny Cash (born J.R. Cash in Kingsland, AR). Happy Birthday to “The Man In Black” on what would have been his 86th Birthday.

My brother bought this album 'Live at Folsom Prison' which was my first introduction to him and I assumed every word was true, of course Johnny never did any prison time and the song about Folsom and him shooting someone 'just to watch him die' is a song and apocryphal not to say complete hooey! Still a great song tho'!


No comments: