portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, May 06, 2018

I love The Band and of course (sic) first came across them backing Bob Dylan. From 'The Basement Tapes' to the 'Great White Wonder' to Before the Flood I appreciated what they did backing Dylan but it took seeing them live (at Wembley) to really appreciated them in their own right. I loved the Weight and yet didn't buy anything just them until the late seventies after seeing them supporting CSNY and Joni Mitchell. Frankly they stole the entire show and we boogied our pants off! (it's technical term . . . !)\\
Hadn't realised the link wasn't working on this track so here's an UPDATE and then some!


The Last Waltz - guess the last waltz will come soon enough . . . . here the boys with the Staple Singers


and as you were so kind as not to complain . . . . . . . beginnings and endings . . . . . . here is the first time I saw them (on film)  and the single haunted me forever . . . .the song still does . . . . . . . 'you put the load right on me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I can carry that weight . . . . . .

No comments: