portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, December 17, 2018

ED SHEERAN


Big O post some nice BBC Radio 2 broadcast ED SHEERAN this morning from last month's Jo Whiley show
I realise there is a backlash against his popularity but I like him




As I comment at Big O where the first response is an accusation of being soporific:
Each to their own and I like him! His entire story is interesting and, whilst prolific to the point of possibly needing an editor, (Galway Girl?) he is amongst the most popular singer songwriters of the day. As the text (sic) says ‘most talented, and loved’ and with good reason. The backlash beloved of the British to set people up only to knock them right down when deemed ‘too big for their boots’ is sad and I never really got it. I am unusually loyal. Talent? Certainly. Who else do you know who can hold a crowd the size of Glastonbury with two acoustic guitars and a loop station. He paid his dues working hard on the circuit before gaining such success. Kudos I say. 

No comments: