portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Finally from Floppy Boot Stomp this week comes a fine set that I thought I had for a moment there of David Bowie in Budapest from 1997 but it turns out to be a different set entirely and is an astonishing Bowie document if you don't already have it! I love the Reeves Gabrels lineup and David is just at his peak here 

B  O  W ★ I  E 





Silent Way at FBS also posts a brilliant video of Bowie covering the Brecht song made popular so long ago by The Doors of 'Alabama Song' (Whiskey Bar)' Live Berlin 2002 TV-SAT1

"and when I was living in my apartment in Berlin I would sing this at breakfast every morning"


The concert here is made available in MP3 format and it has a really nicely designed booklet with it too. It is just frankly a scorcher!

Silent Way says:
David Bowie - Live Student Island Festival
August 14, 1997 
Budapest, Hungary
aka - Outside In Budapest
Soundboard @320

The complete show was not recorded

Set List:
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
Waiting For The Man
The Jean Genie
I'm Afraid Of Americans
Battle For Britain
The Man Who Sold The World
Fashion
Seven Years In Tibet
Fame
Stay
Looking For Satellites
Under Pressure
Hallo Spaceboy
Scary Monsters



Lineup:
David Bowie - vocals, guitar
Reeves Gabrels - lead guitar
Gail-Ann Dorsey - bass
Zachary Alford - drums
Mike Garson - keyboards




If you do one thing today listen to Scary Monsters (Super Creeps) it will blow your socks off!



No comments: