portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, June 12, 2020

JOHN PRINE

"Picture Show"


A live broadcast programme in tribute to John Prine featuring Fiona Whelan Prine and the boys, Jack & Tommy and Dave Prine, Doug Prine, Billy Prine, and featuring Bonnie Raitt, Kelsey Waldon, Kacey Musgraves, Jason Wilber, Jason Isbell, Vince Gill, Amanda Shires, Billy Bob Thornton, Pat McLaughlin, The Secret Sisters, Brene Brown, Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick, Sturgill Simpson, Steven Colbert and Bill Murray. If you didn't stay up to watch it  (broadcast at 1.00am BST) well here it is




The last recorded song by John Prine. Written by Prine and his longtime collaborator Pat McLaughlin*. Available here: https://orcd.co/iremembereverything

If you missed John's MEMORIAL TRIBUTE 
You can see it on YOUTUBE ❤️ 
Only available until SUNDAY night


I dedicate this posting here to the memory of John Prine ( and Nanci Griffith wherever she may be and we hope she is well, it was Nanci covering John's 'The Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness' that turned me on to John's work way back in the early nineties)


The John Prine Facebook page said:

An online celebration of the life of John Prine. Produced by the Prine family and Oh Boy Records, featuring musicians, actors and friends remembering our beloved JP. 
The tribute will feature memories and songs as well as rare and never-before-seen footage of John himself, while raising money for three organizations: NAMI, Alive Hospice and Make the Road New York 

After the credits please stick around for "I Remember Everything" which was John Prine's last recording. The song was written by John and his long-time friend and collaborator Pat McLaughlin. This recording took place in John's living room with Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb. Available Now. 
NAMI: https://donate.nami.org/JohnPrineMake the Road New York: bit.ly/DonateMaketheRoadAlive Hospice:https://www.alivehospice.org/johnprine








 Alternatively here on YouTube:





So far it has raised for the NAMI

£55,891 raised for NAMI




Donate Below in John's Name: Make the Road New York - http://bit.ly/DonateMaketheRoad Alive Hospice - https://www.alivehospice.org/johnprine National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - https://donate.nami.org/JohnPrine


“I Remember Everything”



by John Prine
I’ve been down this road before I remember every tree Every single blade of grass Holds a special place for me And I remember every town And every hotel room And every song I ever sang On a guitar out of tune I remember everything Things I can’t forget The way you turned and smiled on me On the night that we first met And I remember every night Your ocean eyes of blue How I miss you in the morning light Like roses miss the dew I’ve been down this road before Alone as I can be Careful not to let my past Go sneaking up on me Got no future in my happiness Though regrets are very few Sometimes a little tenderness Was the best that I could do I remember everything Things I can’t forget Swimming pools of butterflies That slipped right through the net And I remember every night Your ocean eyes of blue How I miss you in the morning light Like roses miss the dew How I miss you in the morning light Like roses miss the dew #JohnPrine #IRememberEverything

No comments: