portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Song of The Day - Buck Owens (and his son Buddy) - Streets of Bakersfield

I first came across the work and songwriting of Buck Owens through Dwight Yoakam and Streets of Bakersfield remains a favourite not least for the sentiment of the chorus which still stands to me as one of the strongest statements about prejudice in the world of American folk or Country music . . . . . . here the writer with his son 



2 comments:

Rocket said...

True Confession:
My First Concert...
Buck Owens with Merle Haggard Opening...
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY 1966
My Dad Took Me...

Andy Swapp said...

Wow, now THAT'S impressive dude!
Can't match that . . . .although I did see the Doors at the Roundhouse here in London . . . .. the world was never the same again!