portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Born this day TIM BUCKLEY :: Dolphins (Fred Neil) May 74

 Fellow Aquarian Tim Buckley was born this day St Valentine's . . . . . . . here in the OGWT test studio doing the favourite Fred Neil song Dolphins . . . . . . turn it up and enjoy


from The Monkees TV Show . . . . . . . . (and people wonder at my passion for the Monkees TV programme and why I ran home from my paper round to catch it . . . . . this is why)


(Monkees TV Show 1968)

SONG TO THE SIREN 

Long afloat on shipless oceans

I did all my best to smile

'Til your singing eyes and fingers

Drew me loving to your isle

And you sang

Sail to me, sail to me

Let me enfold you

Here I am, here I am

Waiting to hold you

Did I dream you dreamed about me ?

Were you hare when I was fox ?

Now my foolish boat is leaning

Broken lovelorn on your rocks

For you sing

'Touch me not, touch me not

Come back tomorrow

Oh my heart, oh my heart

Shies from the sorrow'

I am puzzled as the oyster

I am troubled as the tide

Should I stand amid your breakers ?

Or should I lie with death my bride ?

Hear me sing

'Swim to me, swim to me

Let me enfold you

Here I am, here I am

Waiting to hold you'

2 comments:

Phil Munday said...

Impressive shared birthday Mr S. Many Happy Returns, hope you are having a great day!! 'Live At Leeds' recorded on 14/02 in 1970 too I gather.Once looked up my birthday on a calendar of rock landmarks & all it could offer was Phil Ochs' suicide....did improve later when I discovered Carl Perkins was born on the same day. And Les Gray from Mud....mmmmm, think you're still winning comfortably!

Andy Swapp said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha brilliant! Thanks Phil! and “Thanks" for the card too, much appreciated! I should have posted a Live At Leeds ROIO it was remastered fairly recently and is a towering piece of work as you know! Having bought the original vinyl when it came out you’d think I’d have noticed!? (Almost unplayable!) DOH!
I will pm you separately later as I was a bit concerned about work! (sounds horrific!) Hope you are doing okay?

mo’ later
A