portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, July 28, 2023

John Sebastian LIVE in San Francisco CA 1969 | FLOPPY BOOT STOMP

 Well wow! Groovy baby! This is taking me straight back into deja vu land and my early adolescent love of The Lovin’ Spoonful we revisit here at Floppy Boot Stomp with thanks to contributor Jeremiah (he was a bullfrog you know!?) Sebastian their leader and main songwriter par excellence. I followed him on his own to Woodstock, Tarzana Kid and albums with his wife too . . . . . .when the band crashed and burned (laregly thanks to Zal’s bust and ahem, subsequent disappearance to Latin America, ‘grass’ your pals will do that to a chap!) I left them all behind and my tastes widened. Despite his early close friendship with Bob Dylan John’s desire to be more mainstream doing theme songs for TV and such began to put me off . . . . . . I still rate ‘Hums’ as a favourite album and it is in my always top 50 (well maybe top 100) 

John B I still have a soft spot for

here . .


 John Sebastian 

Fillmore West 
San Francisco CA
1969-10-04
Soundboard @320


01. Lovin' You
02. Sitting On Top Of The World
03. Magical Connection
04. You're A Big Boy Now
05. Introduction to 'The Room Nobody Lives In'
06. The Room Nobody Lives In
07. Daydream
08. Fishin' Blues
09. Younger Girl
10. Red-Eye Express
11. She's A Lady
12. Darling Be Home Soon


John Sebastian - Guitar, Vocals



No comments: