portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, September 09, 2023

Keith Richards on life’s ambitions


Keith Richards tuning his guitar backstage during the Stones’ “Tour of Americas,” San Antonio, Texas, June 1975. 

Keith: 

"I’ve never tried to achieve anything. I achieved everything I wanted to achieve by being in the Rolling Stones and making records. That was the only real goal in my life, ever, but since that happened so quickly, like a laser beam...I think the next goal was not to become one-hit wonders. I mean, after that, no real goal, except to sort of keep on going. I mean, what does an entertainer do, basically? You get onstage and make other people feel happy. Make them feel good. Turn them on." 

"I wouldn’t want to impress them with musicianship. I want them there because they want to be there and because they know that they’re going to have a damn good time. I wouldn’t take it any higher than that."


Photo by Ken Regan


 

No comments: