portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, September 04, 2024

ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST [ATSE] VH1 - StoryTellers : BONNIE RAITT Sony Studios NY 98 |and Eurythmics ’99, Taylor Swift 2012, The Pretenders ’99, and Ray Davies ‘96

Bonnie Raitt - VH-1 Storytellers, Sony Studios, New York City, 5-12-1998


Paul says : Here's another "VH-1 Storytellers" episode, this time of Bonnie Raitt.

In 1998, Raitt released a new studio album, "Elemental." As part of her tour, she did a Storytellers episode. However, only two of the songs, "Blue for No Reason" and "One Belief Away," were from that album. 

She mostly played slide guitar as part of a full band. But, very usually, she also played a short solo version of "Give It Up or Let Me Go" on piano, which is not her usual instrument.

I couldn't find any audio bootleg of this show. But I found a video of it, so I converted that to mp3s. I believe everything here is officially unreleased.

This album is 45 minutes long. 

01 Something to Talk About (Bonnie Raitt)
02 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
03 Give It Up or Let Me Go [Solo Piano Version] (Bonnie Raitt)
04 Give It Up or Let Me Go (Bonnie Raitt)
05 Thing Called Love (Bonnie Raitt)
06 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
07 One Part Be My Lover (Bonnie Raitt)
08 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
09 Nick of Time (Bonnie Raitt)
10 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
11 Blue for No Reason (Bonnie Raitt)
12 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
13 I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt)
14 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
15 One Belief Away (Bonnie Raitt)
16 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
17 The Road's My Middle Name (Bonnie Raitt)


So Paul over at Albums That Should Exist has been posting a series (after his wonderful series on Woodstock 94) of the VH-1 ‘STORYTELLERS’  and today’s effort is Bonnie so of course I had to post and download this lil beauty!

BUT  he has also posted the following

Eurythmics - VH-1 Storytellers, Grand Ballroom, Manhattan Center, New York City, 9-28-1999















TAYLOR SWIFT VH-1 Storytellers, Seeley G. Mudd Theater, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA, 10-17-2012




Now I am not fit to judge why Taylor Swift is on there but my daughter assures me she should be . . . . .she and my grand-daughter went to see her just last month in Wembley and had the best time they said so stories for young women and children seems fair game too! 
No? Convince me otherwise!


No comments: