portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

CLASSICS REVISITED! | DEEP PURPLE ‘LAZY’ (Live '72)

 Now it occurs to me that I was introduced to Deep Purple by perhaps my oldest school friend and brother to my still oldest school pal, The Lewis Brothers! Leo turned me onto Deep Purple and indeed Black Sabbath but now possibly unfashionable to admit . . . . to Rory Gallagher too. Later more and amongst many others things (Nick Drake!) and certainly Jimi Hendrix, I will NEVER forget listening to Electric Ladyland with the two boys on their beloved Dad’s state of the Art Hi-Fi sound system! Life changing moment! 


Now Monsters of Rock on Facebook posted this but badly clipped at the beginning and end so here is the entire number from their then latest album Machine Head!



Check the time signature on this from Ritchie mostly but the rapport between them all especially as has been noted for the first four minutes as they settle into the number . . . . . . Enjoy!

No comments: