The Holmes Brothers - 2001-08-22 - Arcata, CA (SBD)
A SPEEDYMAN SPECIAL
01. Intro
02. Amazing Grace
03. Thank You Jesus
04. Got Myself Together
05. Big Boss Man
06. Man Of Peace
07. The New and Improved Me
08. Speaking In Tongues
09. And I Love Her
10. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin'
11. Instrumental
12. Love Train
13. Promised Land
14. You Got To Go
15. Baby, What You Want Me To Do
16. Jesus On The Mainline
Encores:
17. None But The Righteous
18. Do Lord
Speedy say:
"If you look at the page on this blog where I list all the concerts I've attended, you won't see any mention of the Fabulous Holmes Brothers. I easily saw them a half dozen times at blues clubs in New York City in the late 1980s, but for a host of reasons, all explained in my book, I never quite was able to keep track of when and where. In any event, for those of you unfamiliar with them, the New York Times described the band as playing “Timeless, deeply soulful and uplifting gospel-drenched blues, street corner doo-wop, ballads, R&B, country and funk." This soundboard recording captures the Holmes Brothers in California on August 22, 2001, a quarter century ago this very day.”
Now we have featured the gospel stylings of blues brothers The Holmes boys before and thanks to Speedy he posted links to loads he has featured before at his blog space so he re-upped this one yesterday!
Top man!


No comments:
Post a Comment