I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Gentle Giant: Discography Part 2 (1975 - 1980) 6 more albums | Urbanaspirines

 Well I mean you KNEW it was coming right?

Gentle Giant: Discography Part 2 (1975 - 1980)


07. Free Hand (1975)
08. Interview (1976)
09. The Missing Piece (1977)
10. Playing The Fool (Live) (1977)
11. Giant for a Day! (1978)
12. Civilian (1980)

Kostas says: 

Free Hand is perhaps Gentle Giant's most realized effort. After the excellent In a Glass House, the group further developed its Renaissance-medieval approach, producing one of the most creative and complex 

recordings in progressive rock history. Their vocal approach to the four-part fugue "On Reflection" was revolutionary for its time and is looked upon as one of the genre's defining moments. Despite the complexity of the arrangements, the music never sounds academic and in fact is very accessible thanks to several melodic hooks. The combination of superb musicianship, dry wit, and creative compositions make this an essential and historical recording.  

read on here . . . . .

 



I searched through an awful lot of live footage of the band but really couldn’t bring myself to post any (never trust a man who seems to have had a perm, over trimmed beard and a white shortsleeved safari jumpsuit would be my best advice!!) so there is this album track which I found about bearable! It’ called Nothing at All!
😉😂

No comments: