portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, July 22, 2017

LOW

 O ★  I  E




This kind of annoyed me when it came out in the early nineties, as in it was the re-issue that included this song previously unreleased and a couple of other tracks of versions of songs left off the original which I bought when it came out. I hadn't previously been a Bowie fan as such and found the Ziggy Stardust stuff a tad too hoaky and camp for me but appreciated that folks liked the glamorous glitter rock school which really left me cold even though I saw T Rex live and appreciated the glam-rock crew for what they were. 'Low' however was the first off the Berlin trilogy, so called, that marked David's collaborative work with my hero of the time, and still, Brian Eno. I followed him avidly in his career although cannot say in retrospect that I bought everything by any means. I did however really enjoy the 'Man Who Fell To Earth' and Low & Heroes especially.

No comments: