portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My dear brother Steve went through a phase early on of loving everything Chet Atkins did and had many albums. It was a bit too 'hokey' or western or straight country to my ears but there was no denying the talent. Steve always loved a virtuoso on his chosen instrument. This for both of them . . . . .I see you in my dreams





Born on this day: June 20, 1924 - Guitar icon and producer Chet Atkins (born Chester Burton Atkins in Luttrell, TN). Happy Birthday to this multi-talented virtuoso musician on what would have been his 94th Birthday. Thank you for all of the great music you gave us, “Mister Guitar”.





Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins play "I'll see you in my dreams" live at Secret Policeman's Third Ball 1987.

No comments: