portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

TAXI DRIVER 

Jodie Foster - a favourite actor


'IRIS'






Jodie Foster (right) – I was thinking what a dumb thing it was to put my sister in an outfit to be my double in Taxi Driver. The child-welfare bureau had decided that a 12-year-old playing a part with such sexuality was a problem and insisted on a double for any shots that were physically suggestive. So my mom said: ‘I’ve got a great idea. Why don’t we bring your sister?‘ But honestly, what did that accomplish? Did they think that I was too young to understand the script; that I couldn’t delineate between being a prostitute and a regular person? But it was a really good excuse to have my sister hanging out with me in New York
Connie Foster (left) – I do remember thinking, Wow, my baby sister looks all grown up. She looks like me, even though there’s a seven-year age difference. I was not self-conscious in any way, shape or form. It was really what a young prostitute on the streets was wearing at that time. If anything, it was Halloween, and we were dressed up

No comments: