portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Toronto Rock And Roll Revival 1969


Really fascinating document from the wonderful Floppy Boot Stomp this morning. The Toronto Rock 'n' Roll Festival of 1969 was largely known for being the first gig of John Lennon's after the Beatles split and one could have been forgiven for thinking there was no-one else there or that Lennon's Plastic Ono Band headlined but there were other folk on the concert list too and in fact Lennon played as a last minute addition and scratch band put together with next to no notice. Largely Rock n Roll purist event with stars like Jerry Lee, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard but also Cat Mother, Tony Joe White and of greater interest for me, The Doors. This article discusses a largely forgotten event and set of concert performances of great historical significance





Floppy Boot Stomp - Toronto Rock & Roll Festival 1969



2 comments:

Jobe said...

Thanks Andy. Outside of You and Dave, and with the downloads at over 200, I sometimes wonder if anyone even cares. I thought this was a pretty good post. Apparently over 200 others do too. But only you and Dave comment. Both you and Dave are greatly appreciated,for always saying thanks. I know I can pretty much count on you guys to let me know my labor is not all for not. Thanks again Like the Doors huh? Let me see what I've got.

Andy Swapp said...

Cool stuff Jobe! I don't always share everyone else's taste who's blogs we visit but when we see something it seems rude to not mention it and share the joy! All the bestest of bestests as ever A