portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, October 31, 2020

John Prine

 Lovely set from Big O this morning all the way from Singapore . . . . . .  a John Prine and Steve Goodman set from back in 1982 when both men were in their prime. If you can avoid the plethora of filth and tired old racist sexist claptrap that is the comments section (time for it to go guys really) that's stopping people from visiting more regularly (well me for one) and I know there have been loads of objections from the old school bloggers and visitors but heck it's DREADFUL. Still avoid that and just download this . . . . . . 

JOHN PRINE

& Steve Goodman




Two much missed American treasures. When we lost the auther of one of the seminal songs about America (’City of New Orleans’ by Goodman) I was deeply saddened but amongst the Covid-19 victims to lose John too was almost too much to bear. Still can’t play too much Prine its too upsetting. . . . . this is nice

here . . .










2 comments:

Jobe said...

You know Andy, I don't know if these people think their funny or what...But you're right, that's why I don't go there like I used to. But I will to get this. Nice comment on the American treasures thing too.

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks Jobe! Always keeping an eye on the page but I got drawn in again to the abusive nonsense. I really must stay away! I might write to them again 'cos I just don't get why he allows it