portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, August 20, 2021

BONNIE RAITT

 

Bonnie Raitt by the legendary Jim Marshall

Bonnie Raitt:    

“I got to hang out with most of the old blues guys at blues festivals when I was 18 or 19, where I was the weird little white girl playing Robert Johnson songs,” she recalls. “They got a big kick out of the fact that a woman was playing slide guitar in the first place, let alone an 18-year-old round-faced redhead!”

 “There’s important issues at every juncture of your life. I’m just glad that I’m the musical equivalent of a character actress, because blues singers can keep singing and having an audience at 35, and someone like Madonna’s gonna have to find something else to do, ’cos I don’t care how pointy those bras are that she wears, they’re still gonna look a little odd when she’s 55!” 


Interview by Andy Gill 1991




Bonnie Raitt performs at Farm Aid in the Hoosier Dome, Indianapolis, Indiana, April 7th, 1990.

Paul Natkin/Getty


https://www.bonnieraitt.com

No comments: