portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Don MacLean on working with Nanci Griffith

THE LAST WORD on 'NANCI GRIFFITH'

-------------------------------------



"I worked with her on a TV special we did for PBS TV and on that show, we sang two duets. They were 'And I Love You So' and 'Raining In My Heart'.

"I never heard anyone sing harmony in a more beautiful way. We should have done an album together. At this taping in Austin, Texas she brought her father to see it. I really loved her spirit - it was warm and loving and I'm really sorry to hear she has gone."

- Don McLean, August 14, 2021.


Don and Nanci - Raining In My Heart (Live in Austin, Texas)

Nanci and Don - And I Love You So
 




  -------------------------------------

No comments: