portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, August 09, 2021

LIVE PRINE From the FLOPPY BOOT STOMP MONSTER!

 JOHN PRINE

I think I will always post a John Prine gig and this ROIO is early from 1973 in Lenox M.A. so its very much his first flush of songs. Lost to us after health complications one of the first in the pandemic and Covid-19 hit him harder than most after surviving two bouts of throat cancer and there was no vaccine at that stage he is a sad sad loss to us. However I can just about listen to the earlier concerts (later work still makes me struggle and I cannot listen to his last album in its entirety without getting choked) so for that reason I will always post things like this gem again from the ever reliable guys at Floppy Boot Stomp. Staple diet it may be but none the worse for that. Good soundboard quality bit 'warm' and 'bright' but highly listenable. Enjoy!


John Prine - Live in Lenox 1973 - Floppy Boot Stomp



No comments: