portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, June 27, 2022

Song of the Day - Pokey La Farge 'Get It 'Fore It's Gone'

     I pick up loads of songs from the television as I have mentioned before and this week noted examples notwithstanding that Romesh Ranganathan's new programme 'Avoidance' used a John Prine song to sign off this week's latest episode, we noted Pokey La Farge's great song ''Get It 'Fore It's Gone' on the closing of the brilliantly written and hysterically funny second series of Stephan Merchant's 'The Outlaws' . . . . . .(quite how Stephen convinced Eleanor Tomlinson to take part in this, not to mention legendary US Film Star Christopher Walken, to participate also is totally beyond me but is sheer brilliance in casting. Though I am slightly worried about Tomlinson who does seem painfully thin here) 



The Outlaws Series II - Trailer

 

Avoidance - Romesh Ranganathan




more? . . . . . . . .


Worth remembering that I will never NOT post this . . . a favourite track and a favourite video bar NONE

I always wanted to be able to dance like Walken here . . . . . . .(who didn't?) In my mind I can!


No comments: