portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Song of The Day :: "CIRCUMSTANCES" THE MAGIC BAND LIVE ON SWEDISH NATIONAL TV 4 16th May 2006

You always have to take into consideration the circumstances . . . . . . . . . . . .

Here The Magic Band ( John French, Gary Lucas, Denny Walley, Mark Boston, and Michael Traylor) rip into a classic number from Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band's "Clear Spot" album live on national Swedish TV 4's breakfast show during a Swedish tour in May 2006.


a favourite track from the best incarnation of The Magic Band as I saw them in Oxford that year!

2 comments:

SEALY said...

Anything from Clear Spot will do. Great effort by that incarnation of the Good Captain's spirit.
The gig I saw in '72 still stands as one of the best I saw by anybody, anyplace.
I know how much you love his work Andy
Thanks for the clip
Sealy

Andy Swapp said...

Isn't it a great clip?! Thanks for dropping by Sealy! Always good to hear from you and hope all is well. Like you the Clear Spot tour I saw in what was then Oxford Poly was the BEST gig and stays regularly at my number one spot of all time! Awesome stuff and staggeringly good fun. I was SO pleasantly surprised by the 2006 Magic Band gig with this same line up tho'
Sun Zoom Spark!