portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, August 11, 2023

I don’t think I have posted much BeeGees but early on I really enjoyed Robin’s voice and the harmonies the boys managed but also their songwriting like New York Mining Disaster and especially I Started a Joke and here Gotta Get a Message To You

click it anyway!

I found this on Facebook at Smooth Radio ( I know!?) who say
The Bee Gees are known for their songwriting skills and crowd-pleasing vocals but one rarely-seen performance in 1993 showcased their acoustic harmonies to their very best.
Robin, Maurice and Barry Gibb were performing on MTV's Most Wanted when the trio sang a stripped back version of their 1968 song 'I Gotta Get A Message To You'.
Filmed in London at the MTV studios in Camden, the three brothers sit on high stools as Robin takes the lead vocals and Maurice and Barry sit on either side of him playing guitar.


 



 then I had bought a single for playing to fellow mods down at the youth club! 



here she is live . . . . . . boy those boys could WRITE!



No comments: