portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, February 11, 2024

EMILY BARKER ‘Fragile As Humans’ New Album - Coming soon! Singles out now ‘Loneliness' and 'Feathered Thing'


The wonderful Emily has new singles from her new album out. ‘Fragile As Humans’ Dealing with the difficult stuff, loneliness v solitude and grief. She is up to the task and we feel for all those who have lost people. Check it out!



Loneliness - Emily Barker


Feathered Thing - Emily Barker

FEATHERED THING - LYRICS I went to the burnt-out woods A tourist with some damaged goods Remembered how the trees withstood fires before Blue wren in the monochrome sifting through the ash and bone reminding me if hope is home then grief is a door The quiet pause where dead ends burn And new beginnings wait their turn Indigo wing be the body I bring to the door as before feathered thing, a feathered thing It’s so hard to let go, wanted to know wanted to know you with my body I stand on the ashen floor let go your hand I was hoping I’d forget the possibility we’d met where you were a ghost is left and grief is a war Wish there was something I could do find a way to see this through Did everything I could for you there’s nothing more The quiet pause where dead ends burn And new beginnings wait their turn Indigo wing be the body I bring to the door as before feathered thing, a feathered thing It’s so hard to let go, wanted to know wanted to know you with my body I stand on the ashen floor let go your hand =========================================




Emily notes:

Stay in touch:
Sign up to my newsletter: https://emilybarker.com/subscribe
From the forthcoming album Fragile as Humans - pre-order: https://emilybarker.com/fragile  

https://emilybarker.bandcamp.com/album/fragile-as-humans

Remember buy at BANDCAMP the artists gets more money that way!
The film above is marked thus:
=========================================
Filmed by Charlie Miller | The Mono Grande
Edited by Shea McChrystal
Emily Barker - vocals
Tim Harries - piano, bass
Luke Potashnick - guitar microsynth, synths, Mellotron choir
Tom Visser - drums
Richard Causon - Hammond organ, synths, Mellotron
Rebekah Allan - violin
Laura Anstee - cello (performed by Emma Sheppard in the video)
Rachel Robson - viola (performed my Miriam Wakeling in the video)
String Arrangement - Tim Harries
Engineered by Josh Best-Shaw
Produced by Luke Potashnick
Mixed by Luke Potashnick
Mastered by Dick Beetham @ 360 Mastering
Recorded at The Wool Hall
The making of this video was assisted by the Australian Government through Creative Australia, its principal arts investment and advisory body



 

 

No comments: