portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Ear Worms and One Hit Wonders! | WILD CHERRY (of course!?) who? - PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC [White Boy!]

 This always makes me laugh but who ever knew (or even saw?) Wild Cherry!? 

Not us over here in Limey World I don’t reckon. Now we ALL now this meme and it has become a pop idiom and then some but could you picture the band!? If asked about the song I bet you could sing it (well the title!?) but I bet like me you couldn’t name the band who sang it and had a global hit with it! Did you think they were all black? I think lil whitey over here in suburbia nigh on had a coronary and imagined the band were all black and SCARY! Ha ha ha ha . . . check them out and remember to always . . . . 

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY!



No comments: