portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, September 09, 2024

John Lennon outside Strawberry Fields


"John Lennon still very young in front of the Strawberry Fields Orphanage in Liverpool, England.

 The Orphanage, frequented by Lennon during his childhood, was the inspiration for one of the most beautiful songs ever made.

 Strawberry Fields Forever was composed by John while he was in Spain in 1966 and released together with Penny Lane in February 1967.

 The songs were later included on the Magical Mystery Tour album, released in November of the same year.


Someone posted this on Facebook (apologies for the lack of credit but it really hit me* found it see below). . . it is a somewhat melancholic photo it seemed to me. It reminded me of my own upbringing in that part of the world and a brooding darkness seemed to colour our memories in retrospect but that may well be me colouring in our past with hindsight. 




 

No comments: