portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 07, 2024

VH-1 Storytellers (contd.,) | DAVID BOWIE Manhattan Centre, NY 1999

David Bowie - VH-1 Storytellers, Manhattan Center, New York City, 8-23-1999

Paul says : "Here we are with the very last "VH-1 Storytellers" album I plan on posting.

My goal was to post only episodes that haven't been released as albums. I'm breaking that rule here because this one has been posted as an album (and as a DVD). But the reason I'm posting this is because the album had some problems which I believe I've fixed. 

The album only had eight songs, with banter between them, plus four bonus tracks at the end without banter. Also, one song that was played, "The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell," wasn't included at all. So I'm including the missing song. I also made some changes to make the bonus tracks fit better into the full concert. I didn't have the extra banter that presumably went with them. But I moved one song ("Always Crashing in the Same Car") to a spot earlier in the concert where it fit well with some banter to precede it there. And I made a couple other minor adjustments to make things flow better in a way that made logical sense to me. In the end, this isn't drastically different or enlarged, but I think it's a better listen."

This album is an hour and eight minutes long. 

01 talk 
02 Life on Mars 
03 talk
04 Rebel Rebel
05 talk
06 Thursday's Child 
07 talk 
08 Can't Help Thinking about Me 
09 talk (David Bowie)
10 Always Crashing in the Same Car
11 talk 
12 China Girl 
13 talk
14 Seven 
15 talk 
16 Drive-In Saturday 
17 talk
18 Word on a Wing 
19 Survive 
20 I Can't Read
21 talk
22 If I'm Dreaming My Life 
23 The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell


I think that is something like 90 VH-1 storytellers posted over at ATSE so go check them all out! 

No comments: