I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Wednesday, July 08, 2026

Bob Dylan - Across The Borderline - [Farm Aid 1986]

Might wrap the day with this cover from our Bobby . . . .I first heard this from Ry Cooder of course and that it is about the US/Mexico border speaks volumes to me (like Deportee, Do Re Mi and a million other songs) but this one always stuck with me. Written by Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, and Jim Dickinson. It is a remake of a song by Freddy Fender from the Jack Nicholson film 'The Border' so its origins are rather complex but Ry’s I feel is definitive although I really like Freddy doing it too!

Bob Dylan - Across The Borderline - [Farm Aid 1986]


2 comments:

Alan said...

I like to catch up on your blog about every week or so. Today I was treated to two phenomenal 1980's Dylan Farm Aid videos and a truly magnificent performance by Doc and Dawg. I never know what I'm going to run into here but it's always fun. Thank you for sharing this eclectic mix with all of us!

Andy Swapp said...

Oh Wow Alan! Thank you SO much for your kind words and if there is anything I am aiming for in my postings that feeling that you never quite know what you might get is precisely the answer! Thanks for dropping by and hopefully you will always find something to appeal once a week or so! Bestest of the bests to you Andy