I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Julie Fowlis - Reminiscing over Danny Thompson | Transatlantic Sessions 2013

We have featured this venue before ( you may recall the set where the wonderful Teddy Thompson struck a beautiful note with the same ensemble band at the same venue see below) Teddy’s Don’t Know What I Was Thinking here . . . .

Julie says: 
Aw Danny 💔 I’ll really miss you. Your spark and energy and groove. And your humour.
Feel so privileged to have shared music, stages, time and transatlantic sessions tourbus stories with you. What a legend. I’m just sorry we never got that swim in Loch Ness.
Thanks for all the music and the inspiration maestro
Julie Fowlis

 

Remembering the event was
Transatlantic Sessions 6 2013 Directed by Jerry Douglas and Aly Bain. Recorded at Loch Lomond, Scotland.

House Band: Aly Bain, Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg, John Doyle, John McCusker, Matheu Watson, Michael McGoldrick, Donald Shaw, Danny Thompson and James Mackintosh. Featuring: Mary Chapin Carpenter, Phil Cunningham, Cara Dillon, Julie Fowlis, Andy Irvine, Sam Lakeman, Dónal Lunny, Allan MacDonald, Ewan McLennan, Karen Matheson, Tim O'Brien, Maura O'Connell, Aoife O'Donovan and Teddy Thompson.

That is SOME House band!


No comments: