portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, February 20, 2017

Bob on Suze

&

Suze on Bob



“Right from the start I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She was the most erotic thing I’d ever seen. The air was suddenly filled with banana leaves. We started talking and my head started to spin. Cupid’s arrow had whistled past my ears before, but this time it hit me in the heart and the weight of it dragged me overboard… She had a smile that could light up a street full of people and was extremely lively, had a kind of voluptuousness—a Rodin sculpture come to life.”
– Bob Dylan
“Bob was charismatic: he was a beacon, a lighthouse, he was also a black hole. He required committed backup and protection I was unable to provide consistently, probably because I needed them myself. … I could no longer cope with all the pressure, gossip, truth and lies that living with Bob entailed. I was unable to find solid ground. I was on quicksand and very vulnerable.”
– Suze Rotolo

No comments: