portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Mo' COUNTRY

GILLIAN WELCH & DAVID RAWLINGS 

- Hickory 1997


Another fine set from Big O this morning, a beautifully intimate recording from Hickory, North Carolina over at Bill and Claire’s House 


Big O says:


Thanks to VACAVER; LJ (transfer); and to JerryRocks for sharing the show at Lossless Legs.
VACAVER noted:
I received this in a trade years ago and am releasing it to the public as I know a few others out there with it now; however, searches at the most popular trade list sites did not turn this up, so I’m helping it find wings. This is an extremely intimate show with Gil and Dave performing for a few people including some musicians whom I do not know the names of. To my understanding, this was a one-off house party, the hosts obviously two cats named Bill and Claire. Regardless of the venue and circumstances, this is an amazing performance with pristine audio. I hope you enjoy.
buckaroobonzai, Lossless Legs:
There are a number of house concerts hosted by Bill & Claire Jost the evening prior to the stage concerts at Acoustic Stage (which they coordinate unless I am mistaken).
gems, Lossless Legs:
End of track 7 into track 8 you can literally hear the North Carolina crickets outside.  Truly an unbelievable capture.
at one point Gillian explains she is never quite sure about dogs and had to increase her foot tapping during one song to put off the hound near to her foot! This is back porch brilliance at it's clearest!


Enjoy! I know I did!

Astonishingly good quality and as as intimate as it gets . . . . . . . . 

Get Gillian Welch recordings here 



No comments: